Pages - Menu

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Skating


One of my resolutions for the new year is to learn how to ice skate. Once, a long time ago, I tried it, fell down, and decided that it was not for me. So this year I'm going to get past that fear - I signed up for weekly lessons and have also for the past three weeks gone just about every day to the rink during my lunch hour. It is paying off wonderfully and I love it. It feels like flying and is so much fun. Extremely wobbly at first but getting better and quite a bit faster now, which is encouraging!

Have you heard Waldteufel's Les Patineurs (The Skater's Waltz)?


How I wish that winter would last forever…





4 comments:

  1. These pieces are PHENOMENAL, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Zack :) Will you be going to Bologna this year, I hope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erg, I don't know yet. I'm teaching a course on picture book writing, and my last class is on the first day of the fair. Are you going?

      Delete
  3. Keep up the skating; it's good exercise and also warming! Winter snow is beautiful but if it lasted for ever you would miss the spring flowers, the green fields and ripe fruits of summer and the splendour of the autumn colours! Enjoy every season in turn.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete